Chris T., JD
Chris T., JD, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced in both state and federal court.
45002201

How far do the family courts lookback to find evidence of

Customer Question

how far do the family courts lookback to find evidence of porn on the computer?
Expert:  Chris T., JD replied 1 year ago.

Hello. I'll be happy to assist you.

Can you explain your situation a little further? Is it being forensically analyzed? If so, by whom?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a history of viewing online porn of all types. I have stopped this behavior a week ago. My xwife new about my problems. I gave her full custody of my daughter which I regret. As far as the type of porn I was viewing after the divorce I dove in the gutter trying to find child porn unseat porn really twisted stuff.i don't do this anymore child's aren't my thing. I just stopped caring. I'm wondering how much sobriety from watching porn will I need so the judge will see that I would never harm my daughter.

There isn't a set amount of time that would need to pass before the judge considers that something that's not going to be used against you. That's really up to the individual judge. That said, if you admit to the judge you were viewing child pornography, it is unlikely you will get your child back. In fact, it's more likely that he will refer the matter to the police.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What am I supposed to do?

At this point, I'm not sure what to tell you. Admitting to a judge that you've viewed child pornography in the recent past is really, really bad. I'm not sure you can recover from that with the judge.

I hope that answers your question. If not, feel free to ask follow up questions. If so, please remember to "rate" my answer before you go.