Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I applying goverment job this month. i was termanited from

Customer Question

i applying for a goverment job this month. i was termanited from my last goverment 8 years ago. on my settlement from last job they gave a letter that i resign and was not termanited.My question to you can they use my termanation for not hiring.Do they have honor my letter from last job.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If part of your termination from the previous job was that they would record it as a resignation, they would have to honor that agreement. However, they can legally disclose the reasons why you resigned from your previous employment if the previous employer chooses to do so and it would not be illegal or a violation of the agreement as long as the employer is truthful regarding the reasons for your resignation. Most employers in CA do not and will not reveal any reasons to avoid being sued for allegations that they made false statements.