Lucy, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer
26798026

I think my husband is cheating on me and is deleting

Customer Question

I think my husband is cheating on me and is deleting information from his cell phone. I am not registered on the account, but wanted to see if I can use a monitor/spy app to find deleted messages and phone calls. is this legal? if not, how can I find out if husband is cheating?
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear that this happened.
Any local attorney can subpoena cell phone records directly from the provider so you can review them. If you decide to file for divorce on your own, you have the ability to get a blank subpoena from the clerk of the court and send it yourself. But you need a pending lawsuit to do that. A lawyer can issue a subpoena before the lawsuit is filed, if you believe in good faith that divorce will likely result.
If you have any questions or concerns about my response, please reply WITHOUT RATING. It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so I am paid for the time I spend answering questions. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. There is no charge for follow-up questions. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not looking for a divorce at this present time. I just want some answers without causing any arguements. is there any legal way I can tap into his cell phone other than going through subpoenas?
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately, no. Cell phone companies won't release the text of messages without a court order.
If you just want to know for sure what's going on, a private investigator might be another way to go.