Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

In what court in Queens County of the City of New York is a

Customer Question

In what court in Queens County of the City of New York is a Special Proceeding, pursuant to RPAPL 701, brought. There is, t5o my knowledge, no County Court in the City of New York. Is this condemned to Landlord Tenant Court?
The proceeding is by a co-owner seeking the ouster of an occupant of a house co-owned by another who granted the occupant leave to occupy the premises and for damages RPAPL 601
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
The proper jurisdiction is the City Court of Queens County Housing division OR it can go to the civil division because it involves more than just an eviction, it is involving damages. If damage are more than $25,000, then it is filed in the Supreme Court civil division.