LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  9+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
9540344

I was offered a plea in court and i didnt take it. i go back

Customer Question

i was offered a plea in court and i didnt take it. i go back to court in sept. can i change my mind and take the plea, can the state take back the plea
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon. If the offer was not accepted, the State Attorney could revoke it at any time. However, if they intend to do this, they would have likely told your attorney this ahead of time, saying you have X number of days to accept it. If you want to accept it now, your attorney can contact the State and advise you want to accept it and can either set it for hearing or see if the Judge will take it at your next appearance.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!