How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LegalKnowledge Your Own Question
LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 23935
Experience:  9+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
LegalKnowledge is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was offered a plea in court and i didnt take it. i go back

Customer Question

i was offered a plea in court and i didnt take it. i go back to court in sept. can i change my mind and take the plea, can the state take back the plea
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon. If the offer was not accepted, the State Attorney could revoke it at any time. However, if they intend to do this, they would have likely told your attorney this ahead of time, saying you have X number of days to accept it. If you want to accept it now, your attorney can contact the State and advise you want to accept it and can either set it for hearing or see if the Judge will take it at your next appearance.

Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.
I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!

Related Legal Questions