Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I work in a famous company

Customer Question

Hello
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Anybody?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello I have a disciplinary hearing. I accepted mu fault. Can you tell advise me what should I say in the hearing please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Been waiting for more than 10 minutes. Not reliable at all.
Expert:  jwfourieatt replied 1 year ago.

Good Afternoon.

Please consider that this is a public holiday and that we freelance at Just Answer. I will try and answer your question by the end of the day, however.

Am I to understand that you pleaded guilty at the hearing?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
exactly. Oh I'm sorry, I wasnot aware it was public holiday. Thank you for your response.

Just to confirm: Your question does relate to South African Law?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no, i just ned hlep how to proceed for a disciplinary hearing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you the right person to whom I can share the problem or not? I have limited time to prepare for my hearing.

I am a South African attorney, though. So, if your question does not relate to South African Labour Law, I cannot assist.

Which country are you in?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
UAE
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I believe advising on A disciplinary hearing is quite a common thing.

Unfortunately I would not be able to assist, but I will refer it to a category moderator in order to move it to the correct category.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
will i need to pay more?

No I don't think so.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is it today that someone will contact me or tomorrow. Because my hearing is tomorrow. All I need is some advice on how to defend myself for my hearing.

I don't know, unfortunately. If you want a quicker response, I suggest that you contact Just Answer directly through their 'contact us' page.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nevermind!! Very disappointe with the aervice.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
disappointed
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question.
I apologize but live phone calls, unlike in other sections on JustAnswer.com, can be deemed practice of law which is forbidden by state laws as we do not and cannot represent you in any legal matter. I would be happy to continue with you in this forum if you would like to use reply. Thank you for understanding.
Do you still require assistance?
You said you did disclose confidential information, was this a violation of the employer's policy?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But I think Nobody is able to help me despite I paid for the services
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just want help like someone explain me how a disciplinary hearing works in general?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I understand it varies from countries to countries but I just need an overview
Thank you for your reply.
The way this hearing will work, in general, is that the employer will present their case evidence first. This means they present the information that they received from your ex boyfriend and they would then argue as to why this information you disclosed to your boyfriend violates the employer's policy. Then once they present this evidence, you have the chance to present your witnesses and evidence in your defense.
If you cannot deny telling your boyfriend this information, you are going to have to argue that the information was not confidential and could have been obtained anywhere. You also need to argue in your defense that the information was not used against the company and that the company suffered no harm at all from this. You need to also argue that at the time there was a confidential relationship between you and your boyfriend and that the disclosure would have gone nowhere if it were not now for spite because your boyfriend is upset that you are no longer together.
This is really all you can do in this type of situation if you cannot prove and argue that you never made such a disclosure and that everything your boyfriend is saying is a lie and you do not know where he found out the information.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Alright. Thank you. Also I find this weird. In their first letter they said: Allegation of your passing personal information to external parties. And for the disciplinary hearing they say: Alleged of inappropriate use of personal information.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Then thing is that yes as per the circumstances I agreed my fault I shared that information but was not in a bad faith or bad intention.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
as a matter of fact no prejudice has been caused so far.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But is it possible for them to change their allegation?
Thank you for your reply.
The allegations are essentially the same, passing information to third parties is considered inappropriate use of that information, so it really is not changing allegations.
You need to defend yourself based on the fact no harm occurred though.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Fine thanks 😊
Thank you for your reply.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.