Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer & Real Estate Broker, 30+ years, foreclosure, land contracts, inheritance, probate.
18215332

I have donated a mobile home to a person.The title of this

Customer Question

I have donated a mobile home to a person.The title of this mobile is on my name. The person I donated the mobile to, wants to move it to his land.
He needs to contact a moving coy and will pay for all expenses.He therefore wants me to transfer the title into his name. I have doubts that he might change his mind at the last moment and I will be without a title , or he will not pay his dept to the moving Coy and if I move it in my name , I will be made responsible for payment.
If the mobile remains on my land,the only alternatve is to destroy the mobile, but now the title being in his name , I cannot destroy it and will be unable to clear it off my land .
Could you clear this up for me and please let me know what I should do!
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.

Tell the person Who you are donating it to that you will give him the title as soon as it is moved off of your land.

As far as the mover is concerned, he probably has already made arrangements with the other person, so I think that's the least of your worries.