John, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed and practicing attorney.
71296933

I sold my 50% stock in a business to two sions. They said I

Customer Question

I sold my 50% stock in a business to two sions. They said I did not need my own attorney as the one they hired would work for call of us. Had business appraised. Instead of the appraised value paid to me it as a reduced amount paid that IRS would believe....and paid over 15 yes. They said for further payments I'd be placed on payroll after the 15 yrs
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
The only way for you to remedy this is to sue your son's and the attorney. Your son's would be sued under the theory of fraud and fraud in the inducement of contract. You would sue the attorney for breach of fiduciary duty and second for ethical breach...an attorney should not be representing parties on both sides of a sale...that's blatantly unethical and unless he has a written record of your waiver of attorney client confidentiality he has a big problem with the state ethics board.
I believe this answers your question. However, if you need clarification or have follow-up questions regarding this matter, I will be happy to continue our conversation – simply reply to this answer. If you are otherwise satisfied with my response, please leave a positive rating as it is the only way I am able to get credit for my answers. Thank you, ***** ***** wish you all the best with this matter.