Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
8534270

Ray, Sorry to be dense here, but are you saying that what he

Customer Question

Ray, Sorry to be dense here, but are you saying that what he told me" anything that is material is not open to negotiation as I would have to offer it to ALL other franchisees or potential franchisees" is categorically NOT true? Please clarify, as this
is obviously very critical to my negotiations with him. Thank you. Jonathan
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome back to JA. Ray here again to help you.
Jonathan he is going to tell you that they only have one agreement and it is not negotiable.But you may still try to negotiate.Sometimes it comes down to whether you have more than one franchise offer.
But the items I set out above are critical to you and whether you can be profitable and can you get out of it when you need to or if you need to.This is part of your decision about whether you buy in to this particular one or not.
You may decide to look at several franchises to see which one is best for you here..Thanks again.
Anytime they basically refuse to negotiate here on anything of substance you need to think about this some and look at other franchises to see if you can locate something similar and then you tell them you have other options maybe they decide some of these aren't "material" when they really are material to you.
Thanks again.
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.
I thought this might be of interest and help to you.
http://www.msaworldwide.com/franchising-resources/articles/negotiating_agreements_-_are_the_terms_fixed_in_stone
More specific items that you may negotiate here..
http://www.nuwireinvestor.com/articles/buying-a-franchise-negotiation-strategies-58584.aspx