Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

Can parents legally evict an adult child if they refuse to

Customer Question

Can parents legally evict an adult child if they refuse to leave?
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.
Hello
This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard, since the professional you requested is not available at this time
Yes, an adult child may be evicted if they refuse to leave. You can go to the clerk of the court and request the necessary documents to file for an eviction of a non paying "lodger" The clerk will give you that information.
Generally a Notice to vacate by a certain date is the first step.
If you tell me the state, I can provide more information on the eviction process.
Please note that I can only provide information for what you ask. In that regard, if you have other questions or need clarification, please post them here. Otherwise, I appreciate your Positive Rating as that is how I get credit for my time and information.
Thank you