Thelawman2
Thelawman2, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney-at-Law
66887675

Me and my fellow associates got fired from walmart due to

Customer Question

me and my fellow associates got fired from walmart due to lack of control over cash. This is what happen. After our break, shift mgr asking if our cash office room balance and we said yes but they did not tell us whatsgoin on, as soon as we get inside the office, we check those black atm boxes and was missing 1700. We also checked those hidden reset bags from the safe an it was missing 1800. we notify mgt and ap right away about the missing money and found out it was an asst mgr who was on loa and hes have a keys to cash office.To make the story short, the asst mgr and an ap kinda blaming us for loosing monies and not verifying every single penny in that room.
Expert:  Thelawman2 replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Jim. I'm sorry that this has happened. Unfortunately, because Walmart is a private company, even if they are incorrect in what they have done, they are permitted to fire their employees for that incorrect reason. Unless you have a contract with them regarding your employment, it would be impossible to recover from them.

The only way that you could bring a lawsuit against them is if they start telling other people that you were at fault when you were actually not. This would be defamation and you could bring a lawsuit for damages to your reputation.

I hope this has been helpful. If so, please provide positive feedback.