Loren, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients.
17897874

Have in my possesion a notaruzed documented that states upon

Customer Question

Have in my possesion a notaruzed documented that states upon my death the business goes to (self) for long years of faithful service. It is a buy sell document. I am in NC. My partner expired in June. Have not shown the document to heirs, they knew it was to pass to me. It is a restaurant that I helped him not go bankrupt. I have been working there for 37 years. Am in a quandry as how to proceed.
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I will do whatever I can to answer your question and provide excellent service.
Since the partner's interest is now part of the estate you need to present it to the executor to begin the transfer of the interest in accordance with the terms of the buy-sell.
If they refuse, you will need to sue.
Best regards.