Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

I got cheated while buying a new car they gave me 2 WD

Customer Question

Hi I got cheated while buying a new car they gave me 2 WD instead of AWD and charged for AWD? How can I get my money back?
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

Hello

This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard

Was this a recent purchase or when did you discover the discrepancy?

Have you contacted the dealer? If yes, what was discussed?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is recent purchase. I bought it on Aug 1 2015 and I discovered on Aug 3rd Morning. Yes I have contacted the same Sales executive dealer but she is saying we have given the right one. I don't know if any one accept for that. When AWD is quoted for 25703$ why I will accept for paying 26973 for 2WD? in the world no one will accept as far I know.
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Thank you. I suggest if you have the sales contracts and it shows you paid for AWD and your VIN number and title is for a 2WD you should consider contacting the Attorney General in your state. The Attorney General will investigate this for fraud and deception. If they find that there is fraud and/or deception then they will offer mediation and you would be able to get a reduction on the price or a AWD as you were told that you purchased.

If you provide me the state you are in, I can get you the contact for the AG's office so you can file that complaint.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am in Wisconsin
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

Thank you

Here is the LINK so you can make the complaint I suggest you need to be sure to use the words "fraud, fraudulent, deception."

So when you make the report it can be similar to "I feel I have been deceived with this fraudulent transaction" and then explain what the situation is

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

Hello

You're welcome. Thanking you in advance for a positive rating. Good luck