Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.
18572087

I have an insurance question, pertaining to my retirement at

Customer Question

I have an insurance question, pertaining to my retirement at Sysco foods in Las Vegas
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your post. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

What specifically is your question?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I retired from Sysco on 1/14. I was offered cobra for a period of 18 months. After which the insurance would be moved to early retirement plan thru corp office. We chose this route because the cost was cheaper thru cobra. 2 months ago I contacted local HR Dept. to see what was needed to convert over insurance. Was told nothing, all letters would be mailed notifying me of expired date of Corbr and forms to move insurance over. Needless to say this did not happen. I was informed yesterday by Walgreens my insurance had expired. I called Insurane comp directly to verify. Local HR dept. is not returning my calls. Where can I go from here? Contact corp office? Weren't they obligated by law to notify me prior to letting my insurance expire? I've been with the comp for 25 years, this is crazy. I have surgery scheduled, and prescriptions to pick up.

You would need to contact the corp office to get this resolved. You are entitled under law of notice if your policy is being suspended (of 30 days). If they fail to respond, consider obtaining your own emergency insurance, and the filing suit against them for the costs and expenses that you unreasonably incurred.

Sincerely,

Dimitry, Esq.