Thelawman2
Thelawman2, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney-at-Law
66887675

My son took a loan out with republic finance on 7/13/2015 he

Customer Question

My son took a loan out with republic finance on 7/13/2015 he was out of money and on crystal meth badly other loan offices would not loan him due to his behavior he is in rehab now that week I had the law pick him up on the 15 and taken to jail the loan is a blurr to him he was in bad shape no thinking at all what do we do first note is coming due and I am in charge of his bills
Expert:  Thelawman2 replied 1 year ago.

What you could claim is to have the contract nulled due to incapacity. A party is deemed not to have the capacity to enter into a contract if they do not understand the meaning and effect of the words they are agreeing to. The fact that other loan offices would not loan to him demonstrate that the loan office that did loan should have known of his incapacity to enter into the contract. The loan office took advantage of your son's clear diminished mental state. Usually being on drugs does not null the contract, but if the loan office knew of your son's condition, then you could potentially get your son out of the agreement.

I hope this has been helpful. If so, please provide positive feedback