Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  15 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
19958803

I live in Oklahoma. I recently received a letter from

Customer Question

I live in Oklahoma. I recently received a letter from Department of Public Safety, notifying me that my drivers license has been suspended. Due to a judgement against me for a car accident in 2012 in which i had no car insurance at the time. I have insurance currently and have ever since the accident. According to the letter, I must provide proof the judgement has been satisfied. I'm not sure how to do that. Does that mean I wont be able to have mt Driver license until I pay the other person the amount in full that the judge ruled I owed? Is there an alternative? Im trying to find the best way to get my license back.
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.

.

Unfortunately, if the other person sued you and was awarded a money judgment against you that you didn't pay, your license will remain suspended until you either pay the judgment off or file bankruptcy to have your legal obligation to pay it discharged through the bankruptcy process.

.

Since OK is part of the program where they share information with other states, if your license is suspended in OK, it will be suspended in all other states as well.

.

I am very sorry that I don’t have better news, but please understand that I do have an ethical and professional obligation to provide customers with legally correct answers based on my knowledge and experience, even when I know the answer doesn’t make the customer happy...

.

.

thanks