Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

Statute of limitations on investigator alert in Illinois

Customer Question

Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; and (B) the site allows experts to opt out of participation in phone calls and I may or may not be able to participate in this feature.
Can you please tell me more what you mean by "investigator alert?" What kind of investigator, alert as to what, criminal or civil, etc?
This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Aggravated domestic battery
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Thank you.
Aggravated domestic battery is a Class 2 felony in Illinois under 5/12-3.3(a-5). The statute of limitations for a Class 2 felony in Illinois is THREE years from date of occurrence.
I hope this helps and clarifies. Gentle Reminder: Use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please rate when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of the top three faces/stars and then SUBMIT, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars or failing to submit the rating does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if I don't get arrested within three years the charges get drop
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Have there been actual charges FILED, or not, and just an investigation?