Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney
26296561

I bought a car while I was so very ill which was the wrong

Customer Question

I bought a car while I was so very ill which was the wrong thing to do because I could hardly get dressed for the appointment I had made the Tues. before....
I have been ill since Nov. and was in the hospital for pnenomia which I had a month and anyway.. plus many problems.. They had promised to take 2 old cars from me as is but only took one and gave me $1000 credit for one...and I gave them a $4000 check...The other one is parked with $1000 worth of tires and a Lincoln Continental 2001 but need a fuel pump...
Well I couldn't comprehend - add or subtract which is how I get when ill (I have been struck by lightning 3 times)...I kept saying, I can't do this. I was there for 3 1/2 hrs or more..Oh, and they told me my interest would be 8.9% and I told them Wells Fargo would give me 4% and they said they were one of their banks...As it turned out the interest is $10.9 and not Wells...They also made it for 72 months...
I am going to be 84 yrs. old my income is $600 a month social security...I have some money in the bank but owe Taxes, my expences are very high here in Naples and I will run out of money in about 2 yrs.
To further explain, the car is a 2013 Hyundai Sonata and I was at a Nissan Dealer, thought I was buying a Nissan...I still signed all the papers saying I don't want this (my fault but yrs. ago I sold cemetery property and knew the country had a law that you had 3 days to get out of any contract although the contract has so figure or day written in...I left but returned the next day to return the car and they said it was not a law in Fl. I was really upset and am very upset everyday because you can buy a 2016 same model for what I am paying for it...and the Nisson dealer advertises their model of the same type for no money down and 229.00...for a 2015.
I am paying $300 a month, gave them $4000 and $1000 for my Cady. The balance is $16,044.66 and he had the gaul to tell me look your buying this car for $16,000. I said who are you kidding, you have my $5000. I am upset and wake up in a panic nightly and can't stand it...Do I have any rights??? My Dr. believes I need to go to a heart Dr. and I am so concerned....with my anxiety...Thank you...
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** am a Florida licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
Unfortunately, Florida law does not provide "3 day cancellation period", so once the purchase contract is signed, it becomes valid and enforceable, so I am afraid unless the buyer / consumer has clear evidence that the dealer or its employees had engaged in some type of fraud or deceitful business practice to entice the sale of the used vehicle, there would generally not be any legal recourse.
I am very sorry to provide you with this bad news, but please understand that I do have professional obligation to provide JustAnswer.com customers with correct answers, even when answer is not favorable to the customer.
I wish you the best of luck and God bless you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not want the free trial and do not know if I owe you the balance since your answer does not help me at all...
I thought there were ways to protect Sr. Citizens from people like that...I just got a call from the friend who had gone with me to take the car back ...She returned to Ohio and yesterday her neice bought a car at the Nisson Dealer up there that sold her a 2011 and told her it was a 2013...Is the whole world crooked?//

Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?

Thank you.

Thank you.