Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney
26296561

My auto insurance Company failed to send the proper coverage

Customer Question

My auto insurance Company failed to send the proper coverage to the finance Co for a New car i had purchase. After one month, my finance co. informed me that i did not have Comp and Collision on this $50m Veh. If an accident would have occured, this could have upset my life, and family for years to come, or forever. Do I have any recourse ?. What messsage can i send to maybe prevent this from happening again. This is one of the largest automobile insurance Companies in the US
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
Generally, unless the insurance company's error / omission caused direct damages to the customer, the only legal recourse would be to file a formal complaint against the company with the insurance company's corporate headquarters and also with the Florida Department of Financial Services at the link below:
http://www.myfloridacfo.com/division/consumers/needourhelp.htm
I wish you the best of luck!
I am very sorry to provide you with this bad news, but please understand that I do have professional obligation to provide JustAnswer.com customers with correct answers, even when answer is not favorable to the customer.
I wish you the best of luck and God bless you!