Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

My next door neighbor accused me of calling DCF on m (which

Customer Question

Hi, My next door neighbor accused me of calling DCF on him (which I did not), and he accused me of harassing him. Can I sue him for false charges? I had an attorney for this who kept saying I did nothing wrong. The 2 letters I had written the neighbor were not harassing but the neighbor kept insisting I did him wrong. He was actually mad bc we voted against putting water in on our street and it lost him a job. My lawyer did not really fight for me and told me to take an AR which I didn't want to and I did and it ruined my life and reputation. Can I sue the neighbor back?
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.

.

Did he actually file a criminal charge against you for harassment that was later dismissed or dropped?

.

Has he made false statements about you (that you can prove are false) to a third party that has damaged your reputation in the community?

.

.

thanks