Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

Honey I think I have an account with you I have a question

Customer Question

Hi honey I think I have an account with you I have a question about annonomous letters
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Can you please explain your situation and your specific question for us?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is it legal to send anonymous cards through the mail that are non threatening yet offensive to the recipient. Example: what appears to be a hall mark card but when opened it says. " You are the undisputed world heavy weight champion of Assholes " or You will reap what you sew mother f**ker. Or " I never realized that a piece of shit could talk " ok I think you get the idea. Thinking about an anonymous website where people can't be traced to their messages. I know many people suffer in quiet despair and this may give them their pound of flesh and some relief to their stress. What are the legalities involved here thank you
I am afraid that sending such anonymous mail is deemed harassment, which could get the person or the persons responsible for them sued. Harassment is sending of any communication that serves no purpose other than to annoy or harass and if they are traced back to your company, your company could be held liable together with the sender.