Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I signed up real estate seminar ($5000.00) with a company in

Customer Question

I signed up for a real estate seminar ($5000.00) with a company in Jacksonville, FL owned by Ron Legrand. Afterwards I got suspicious and re-examined my on-line documents and suspected that this might be scam. This occurred on Sunday, August 01, 2015. On Tuesday, August 3, I called them to cancel and was told I needed a :return authorization number" before I could return the merchandise. I talked a lady named Jamie who told me she would send me the number via e-mail. It never arrived but on Tuesday a different lady called me to tell me to check my e-mail for this number. It too never came. Their web-site is no help either as it too gave me the run-around. I know that I need to cancel within 3 business days but they won't let me do it. What can I do? Please help
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.

.

Can you tell me how you paid for the seminar?

.

Do you have any documentation or proof of calling to cancel (like a cancellation number) other than the phone records?

.

Is there anything in the written materials that states how you are to cancel, such as sending a written cancellation to a specific address?

.

.

thanks