Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
8534270

Is a will public record? if so or not how do I go about

Customer Question

is a will public record? if so or not how do I go about finding out whats in my fathers will. i'm not in contact with the execectutor or on a friendly bases. if I am in the will how do I procede?
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. I am Ray and will be the expert helping you tonight.You can check with the Circuit Court Clerk of the county where he deceased.The will is public record as is the inventory and anything else filed in the probate case.You can order copies for a minimal amount here so that you can review them.Here is sample court clerk.

http://www.cookcountyclerkofcourt.org/?section=DDPage&DDPage=4200

The clerk will have it listed under the Estate of ***** ***** or ***** ***** here , plug in the name.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.I wish you the best.Please let me know if you have more follow up.Thanks again.

Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.