Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer & Real Estate Broker, 30+ years, foreclosure, land contracts, inheritance, probate.
18215332

I was involved in an accident on August 7th of 2013 in

Customer Question

I was involved in an accident on August 7th of 2013 in California. so the statute of limitation will expire in the next few days. Because I am pressed for time, I have been told by a lawyer to just go ahead and file a complaint. Is this the way to go? I would have to go through the avenue of small claims which brings me to my next question. Should I be suing the insurance company of the driver?
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.

You will be suing the other driver not the insurance company. Did the attorney say that you may file in small claims court to toll the statute? You need to be sure of that.