Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I agreed to sell someone an all terrain vehicle/with plow

Customer Question

I agreed to sell someone an all terrain vehicle/with plow and a set of loading ramps. This was back in Dec. of 2014. He agreed to pay me in full by the 1st of June 2015. He has paid me nothing to date, is there a way I can have these items repossessed? We had a written agreement.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.

Are you listed as a lienholder on the title?

Did you file a formal UCC filing in the local courthouse?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am the title holder to the all terrain vehicle.I did not file a UCC filing as I am unaware of what this is
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

A UCC filing is what "prefects" a lien and allows you to repossess without going to court first.

When you state you are the title holder do you mean that the person who bought it doesn't have their name on it at all?