Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

There is a co-worker who is telling negative things about me

Customer Question

There is a co-worker who is telling negative things about me unjustly. These negative remarks stem from a personal situation outside of work. In essence, because I would not commit mortgage fraud so she could stay in her home after a short sale, she is trashing me to co- workers. What's the best course of action?
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.
Hello
This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard
Please tell me what you want to do?
Do you just want these to statements to stop?
Are they threatening your employment?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
both
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sam, Are you still there?
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Yes. I am here. Thanks for your patience.

Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

I suggest that you will consider the following:

Make a complaint to the HR and state that you are being harassed by lies. I suggest you are honest with HR and tell them why this co worker is doing this.

Them write the co worker a letter of cease and desist. I suggest you can do this on your own or you can have a local attorney do it for you.

The letter needs to say that it is a Notice to Immediately cease and desist the lies being told about you. That it is defamation to put lies out as truth. And that it is the intent to harm your reputation.

Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

And that to continue spreading lies as truth, knowing it is not the truth with an intent to deliberately harm your reputation is Defamation. And that it must cease and that you are preparing to file a lawsuit in the matter.

Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

That letter should be mailed certified with a return receipt requested. If you are going to sue, I suggest you will want to consult with a local attorney now and let them also write the letter.