Lucy, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer
26798026

This is still more info on same topic with needing a dentist

Customer Question

This is still more info on same topic with needing a dentist attorney. . police called me today and said they were filling a battery charge on him what is wrong with the attorneys is it just greed. Went to new dentist that now says with his crazy prices
of 20,000. Stating the teeth the dentist did not touch nor would they see me or give me records until I re pay the money they took back from him him that they dishonesty took would they fix what were falling apart not to speak of the new news . I am in pain
and truly flipping out I do not know what to do. I am going to step out for a couple of hours so I will be looking for any new info. This is really serious. .I know what oath I took for my license what the hell happened to attorney s. Susan
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry that you're having so much trouble.
There are as many reasons that a lawyer might turn down a case as there are lawyers out there. But it can be tough with a breach of contract case, to find a lawyer when the amount you're seeking to recover is relatively low, because then you wind up giving the entire amount to the lawyer to pay the fee. A lot of lawyers won't sue someone for $20,000 if the end result is that you pay them $20,000 in fees. In that scenario, even if I take your case and you win, have I helped you? No, I haven't.
With contingent fees, there has to be a reasonable likelihood that the amount recovered will be worth it for the amount of work required. If it could take 100 hours to prepare for a case, a lawyer can't work for a contingent fee of a few thousand dollars. That's something I mentioned originally. It can be tough to find a lawyer to take cases on contingency unless you have a personal injury with medical bills in the tens of thousands of dollars (or more).
And it's not only about greed. There are quite a few lawyers out there with student loans that exceed mortgages on some pretty nice homes. They have to pay their bills, too.