Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

GA DEPT OF REVENUE IS AUDITING ME AND SEVERAL OF MY

Customer Question

GA DEPT OF REVENUE IS AUDITING ME AND SEVERAL OF MY CUSTOMERS AND I HAVE ADVISED MY CLIENTS TO COPY ANS MAIL IN THEIR RECEIPT AND ANY DOCUMENTS TO GA. BUT THE PROBLEM IS THAT THEY ARE LOOKING AT THE RECEIPTS AND ARE STEADY SENDING OUT MORE LETTERS WITH MORE FEES AND PENALTIES. i HAVE LETTERS MYSELF AND I HAVE MY RECEIPTS. i CALL A LOCAL OFFICE AND I WAS INSTRUCTED TO SEND MY FEDERAL RETURN, BUT I WENT A BIT FURTHER AND SENT MT ACCEPTANCE CONFIRMATION AND MORE INFO. INSTEAD OF THEM ACKNOWLEDGING THAT THEY HAVE RECEIVED INFO FROM ME THEY SENT MY MORE LETTERS AND I AM HAVING THE SAME REPLY FROM MY CUSTOMERS. i HAVE ACCEPTED CONFIRMATIONS FOR ALL OF MY CUSTOMERS AND COPIES OF THEIR LETTERS FROM GA. IN TALKING TO THEM, THEY WANT COME TO MY OFFICE AND DO THE AUDITS OR MAKE ARRANGEMENTS TO MEET AT THE LOCAL OFFICE NEAR US. WHAT CAN I DO TO HELP MYSELF AND MY CLIENTS. i DON'T WANT TO MY CLIENTS BECAUSE THAT IS MY MEANS OF SUPPORT.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
At this point, if they are seeking an in house audit, you need to have your local CPA or attorney involved here. You have been trying to handle this yourself, which I understand, but they have now ignored the documentation that you submitted and seem to want more information and until you get your CPA or attorney involved and to assist in preparing everything for the audit you are not going to stop the department of revenue from continuing. You are going to have to bring in all of your records from the years in question to prove you were in compliance.