Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

My girlfriend was dating a man 4 years. He loaned her 3,000

Customer Question

My girlfriend was dating a man for about 4 years. He loaned her 3,000 to help her buy her trailer (in Lancaster county pa). He held on to a number of old antiques she had from her previous home as the trailer had no storage space. A year later they broke
up and she sent him a text message promising to repay the loan when the trailer was sold. He responded via text message "Don't worry about paying me back, I just want you to be happy." it appears he sold at least some of the antiques via text message yet,
He periodically kept passing through the neighborhood and it scared her as he lives*****away. After dating me for a while I had her move in here with me (Berks county). He tried calling and to arrange meetings claiming he wanted to return some
of her things. She told him to leave then on the steps of the trailer and she would come buy one day and get them. He obviously then found out she was living with me and shortly there after (while she was on leave of asbsence from her job due to her granddaughters
health) a woman entered her job asking for her address saying she wanted to send a sympathy card because her grand daughter died, the disruption of the woman matched his brothers girlfriend. Needless to say when he saw the for sale sign while driving through
the neighborhood, he stopped and told her former neighbor "Ted" all sorts of bad things about her and that she owed him a lot of money and he wanted her address. Ted wouldn't give it to him and instead warned my girlfriend. Last week she received a call from
someone claiming to be a tax collector from conestoga valley who needed her address as she was to be sent a new tax bill. Foolishly she gave it. Today we received a summons to court in Lancaster that he is suing her. Does she have any sort of recourse?
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.

.

Can you tell me how long ago he gave her the money?

.

Did she ever repay any of the loan?

.

Does she have proof of the items that she left with him?

.

.

thanks