Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

My husband was arrested of a controlled substance and

Customer Question

My husband was arrested for possession of a controlled substance for sales and partisapation in a criminal street gang they didn't find anything on him it was in his friends car that was driving and the report says they turned around after seeing him cause
he looked like a gang member should he take the 1year with a strike or fight it
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If the drugs were not on him and it was a friend's car, he should not take the deal and should fight the charges. They would have to prove he knew the drugs were in the car, since the car did not belong to him, and if they cannot prove beyond a reasonable doubt he knew the drugs were in the car, they are not going to convict him.