Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  25 yrs. experience in family law, estates, real estate, business law, criminal defense, immigration, and employment law.
20073497

I'm in pittsburgh i got a check in the mail from my

Customer Question

i'm in pittsburgh i got a check in the mail from my insurance company for 6,101.38 cents, the check comes to me because my husband pasted away now i got a survivors check every month. now this check was alot more than i get every month but i took it to ace check cashing place and they cashed it that's where i always go to cash this check but the next day i get another check from the insurance company with another check for the right amount and a letter that states they made a error in the first check i got and that they have placed a stop payment on the check for 6;101.38 cents , now ace cashed the check for me like they always do. who will have to pay this money me or my insurance company but i can cash the other check that 's what the letter states
Expert:  Andrea, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for bringing your question to JustAnswer. I will be glad to Answer your question and the only thing I ask is that you leave a positive rating. It will NOT cost you anything, but it is the only way that JustAnswer gives the Experts credit for assisting customers, Fair enough?

If the check was sent to you by mistake, and the insurance company put a stop payment on it because they sent you a check for the correct amount, you will have to give back the money. But since the check cashing place cashed the check for you, then they will suffer the loss. In order to prevent this, you must call the insurance company, tell them that the check was cashed and you need direction from them as to how to correct this. If you do not and the check cashing place loses the money that they gave you when they cashed your check, they can sue you to recover the amount that they paid you.

Please let me know if you need clarification on anything and I will be glad to explain further,

If I have Answered your question, please be kind enough to leave a positive rating so that JustAnswer will compensate me for my time and effort,

Kindest Regards,

ANDREA

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you very much

You are very welcome! Please do not forget to leave a rating so that JustAnswer will give me credit for assisting you.

Kindest Regards,

ANDREA

If you have any problem, please let me know,

Kindest Regards,

ANDREA

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
MS.ANDREA
HELPED GAVE ME DIRECTION IN WHICH TO GO THANKS AGAIN IF I HAVE ANYMORE OUESTION I WILL USE THIS SERVICE .I'M ALSO GOING TO TELL ALL MY FRIENDS ABOUT THIS SERVICE

Thank you for your very kind words, I appreciate it greatly. If you have questions in the future, please feel free to direct them to me by typing at the beginning of your question - "FOR ANDREA ONLY...." In the meantime, please leave a positive rating for me so that JustAnswer will compensate me for assisting you,

Kindest Regards,

ANDREA