Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I have a friend ( who has s own apartment for 25 years) but

Customer Question

I have a friend ( who has his own apartment for 25 years) but keeps me company several nights before he leaves for work a 10: 30 Pm - Once or twice a week on his days off he spends the night --I have lived here for 32 Years i am 79 years old and just diagnosed with cancer and on chemo - They want to add him as a tenant saying In jan 2015 there was a new law _ i have two parking places authorized by the mgr of bldg. -- My friend helps me with groceries - drives me to doc apt -so we are gone most of the day -So now they want o add 10% 130 to the rent - They want to do this to force me out so they can get more money $2000= as to what they just raised the rent to 1315- Is there some senior protection on this - senior abuse etc-The mgr knows darn well My friend is not a tenant but they are trying to force out -There is more to the story also
Expert:  Andrea, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for bringing your question to JustAnswer. I will be glad to Answer your question and the only thing I ask is that you leave a positive rating. It will NOT cost you anything, but it is the only way that JustAnswer gives the Experts credit for assisting customers, Fair enough?

I am sorry to hear of all the trouble that you are being given. These actions are clearly illegal. Please tell me in what State you are located so that I can tell you where to lodge your complaint and get some relief from these actions on the part of the building managers.

ANDREA