Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
19958803

I own a housecleaning business. My client was very happy

Customer Question

I own a housecleaning business. My client was very happy with the work we did and said they would mail a check. But now will not answer or return my calls, emails or texts. How can I get paid. I paid my employees to do the work. I could see if she was not happy but we walked through and she was very happy.
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.

.

In a situation like this, you could send a "demand letter" certified mail to the homeowner basically detailing what services you provided along with an invoice for the costs. At the end of the letter, you can then state that payment is due immediately upon receipt or legal action will be commenced for collection.

.

Then if that doesn't subtly convince the homeowner into paying, your recourse is to file a small claims court action against her for breach of contract for the amount of the invoice due. You can get the summons and complaint forms from the local clerk and fill them out to file. Then you have the sheriff serve them on the homeowner but the clerk can help with that as well. Then you appear on the designated court date and tell your side of the story and should receive a judgment against the person and an order from the judge to pay you.

.

.

thanks