Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I want to know what is a demographic infraction in NC. The

Customer Question

I want to know what is a demographic infraction in NC. The case numbers are 78020117033071F (Rockingham County and charges filed on 06/13/2011) and 1102011703163IF (Burke County and charges filed on 05/16/2011) .
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
A demographic infraction is neither a felony or a misdemeanor, it is generally a municipal ordinance violation (like a parking ticket or traffic ticket or some other violation for which the only punishment is a fine and no jail time is provided for in the ordinance). This is a term used on background check reports quite frequently.
The use of the term "demographic" just means it was a municipal or county code or ordinance offense and not something that was under the state laws. Thus, you would have to look up the municipal ordinance to find out exactly what the charge was for and you would need to go back to the municipality where the infraction took place to find that information out if it is not listed on your background report, which most reports do not list the exact violation code.
Unfortunately, we cannot actually access the county court records for the case numbers you provided to tell you what the municipal ordinance infractions were, you have to contact the clerk of court in each county for them to look in their local court records to tell you what the specific municipal violations are.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You are not giving me any answer. I am very disappointed about this service.
Thank you for your response.
What do you mean we are not giving you the answer? Did you read the response above. Unfortunately, we do not have magical crystal balls to get into records that are not online and we cannot get into, so I do not how you would reasonably expect us to do so.
However, we did indeed give you an answer about your situation directly.