Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

The FBI has just mandated animal abuse to be classified as a

Customer Question

The FBI has just mandated animal abuse to be classified as a grade A felony. I'm on the executive council at Peta and would like them to close the Cole Brothers circus immediately. They have a history of heinous animal abuse, especially with the elephants, and are scheduled to perform this Monday-Wednesday in Shinnecock Hills. I live in Sag Harbor, a neighboring town; both areas are part of the Hamptons. I read a "grade A" is comparable to homicide and kidnapping. There is growing unrest in the area. Many people do not want them to perform here. There are planned demonstrations of protest and there might be violence.
Can one of the lawyers prevent them from coming here, close them down, and assist in their prosecution?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
I am afraid that state law forbids any expert on this site from actually representing you or any other customer on the site.
Also, as you are alleging criminal charges, you need to notify the US Attorney's office and the FBI and it is up to them to get involved and shut them down.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so very much for your honesty. I would have welcomed your representation, but it seems that the state forbids it.
I'm getting the feeling the state has too much power. Perhaps it can override the FBI's law. I'll have to do some research.
I'll have to remind myself that when it comes to animal abuse, there is a Higher law!
With much respect,
Donna Roitstein
Thank you for your reply.
The state cannot override federal laws. So you need to get your complaint filed with the FBI and US Attorney's Office to have them pursue the case you are claiming, since it has been deemed a federal felony.