Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I purchased a gh end bottom mount Kitchenaid refrigerator

Customer Question

I purchased a high end bottom mount Kitchenaid refrigerator for my designer kitchen.
Purchased item 8 years ago, no longer under warranty, the refrigerator needs a
new main control board; Kitchenaid's main factory was located in Japan and due to the
tsunami it destroyed the factory; therefore, building up parts, etc. seems to be a
major problem for them. I understand, products for Kitchenaid begin with this major
factory in Japen and are completed in the USA with the "made in USA label". I have
called 10 times to the corporate office in Michigan (all documented calls), their
reply is "so sorry, can not give you a timeline on when parts will be available.
They offered me a $2000 discount on a new refrigerator that costs $7,000.
I called them on July 30th, my conversation was detailed stating the inconveniences
I have on a everyday basis living without a refrigerator, family BBQ's during the
summer without a refrigerator and the upcoming holidays. I also feel very dismissed
as a consumer when I see new ads that Kitchenaid has in the latest Food and Wine
magazine advertising and luring new customers that soon will be disappointed. When I purchased the refrigerator I expected at least 20 years of enjoyment. The appliance technician who came to my home to see the refrigerator, said, "companies are not
making products that last". Think about that; as Americans are we proud of the
"made in America" stamp.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.

I read your extensive facts, is there a specific question with which I could assist?