Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
11068102

2 parties (husband and wife) sign lease agreement. 1 party

Customer Question

2 parties (husband and wife) sign lease agreement. 1 party invites party 3, 4, 5 to live in residence without advise or consent of other party. Does other part have a right to go to sherif and ask for eviction?
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. An eviction require more than just asking the sheriff to evict someone but that is really beside the point because if both parties sign the lease agreement then the interest in the leased property is either community/marital property or a joint tenancy and in both of these cases either one of the parties has the right to allow others to love there and the other person can't evict them. That is assuming that the lease itself doesn't restrict the rights of the parties to allow others to live on the leased premises. If it does then the language of the lease controls.