Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I received a restraining order from the Superior court of San Bernardino Ca. case CIVDS507

Customer Question

I received a restraining order from the Superior court of San Bernardino Ca. case CIVDS507265 from a Felecia Jackson.
Quite simply I do not know any of the people involved or understand why the order has no identification other than my name. I am supposed to appear in court 9-29-2015. I live in San Clemente and traveling to San Bernardino is a hassle.
Is there any way of filling a form or speaking to someone that may be able to fix this or is the only option to travel to San Bernardino and spend the day in court to clear this up.
Thank you,
Ron C. Fitzgerald
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You can file a motion to dismiss with the clerk of court and a copy to the plaintiff, which is a proper response to such a motion. However, regarding appearance you would need to appear or have a local attorney appear in your behalf and if you prove you were improperly served and named, then you can ask the court for damages to make the plaintiff pay your attorney's fees for improperly naming you and serving you with this order and the court can make her pay you the costs of your attorney who had to appear.