Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

Would like the story first of my situation and then the qu

Customer Question

Would like the story first of my situation and then the question??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.
Good afternoon,
I'm Doug, and my goal is to provide you with excellent service today.
If I believe I can assist you I would be happy to offer you a phone conference.
Would you please give me a bit of background into your issue and let me know what it is you need to know?
Doug
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here is my situation.
My husband was originally contracted for a painting job by the general contractor for a home remodel. Then the home owners decided in the middle of the project to take on the responsibilities of the "general contractor" duties, ie: scheduling, plumbers, electricians, etc...The project was completely out of sync with all the trades. There was no order of scheduling set in place.
When the owners had started "seeing light at the end of the tunnel" for completion of their remodel. My husband was being pressured constantly by the owners to complete the job. In the meantime, there was damage done to walls due to product failure. This was out of my husbands control. The manufacture of the product nor the store would compensate him for the repairs. Then the home owners decided that they wanted the remaining painting done within a week, my husband explained to them this was not possible for him. They then decided to hire a different painting crew to finish the job. We had 3/4 of the project completed at the time of our release. This included the 36 doors that were repaired, sanded and primed and painted. The doors are in our shop at our residence (due to the work space we have available). The customer is now refusing to pay for the remainder of the bill so we are holding on to their doors as collateral. We have almost $3000.00 of work invested in the doors alone. What legal course of action do we have to insist the customer must pay in order for the return of their doors?Thank you
Kristy (###) ###-####
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the information, Kristy,
As you have asked for a phone call, I will offer you that and I will process that offer to you after I get this posted to your question thread.
After you accept my offer of the phone call, would you please provide your phone number in the box entitled "Enter private contact info"? After you do that, please send me a quick Reply to let me know that you have posted the number, so I can call you.
Thanks in advance,
Doug
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry I was with the understanding that my free trial didn't ask for more additional monies. I am sorry to waste your time.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.
I am unable to further assist you in this matter, and I am going to opt out of your question and open this up for other professionals.
Your question is being placed back in the question list for other professionals to see, and to respond to. You do not have to stay online for the question to be active. Should another professional pick it up, you should be alerted by email unless you actively disable this feature.
There is no need for you to reply at this time as this may "lock" your question back to me, thus inadvertently delaying other professionals' access to it.
I apologize for any inconvenience and wish you well in your future.
Doug