Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

I am only able to get local internet in my area. they charge

Customer Question

i am only able to get local internet in my area. they charge much higher prices than other areas do. when i try to get internet from another company, they say they are unable to provide it to me but won't give a reason. all of the counties around us are able to get service from other companies. is there anything i can do?
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.
HelloThis is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regardUnfortunately, no. You have no recourse. That is because the cable/internet suppliers form contracts with certain counties. It is a monopoly. And so I suggest you will need to talk to your county elected officials about the service they are allowing be brought to the residents of your county. It's a big government monopoly. It is not discrimination against you personally.Please note that I can only provide information for what you ask. In that regard, if you have other questions or need clarification, please post them here. Otherwise, I appreciate your Positive Rating as that is how I get credit for my time and information.Thank you