Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I saw a picture in my husbands phone and questioned him as

Customer Question

I saw a picture in my husbands phone and questioned him as to who that body part belonged to. He said ME!!! I know my parts and what they look like. I had him send the picture to my phone. How can I find out where it originated from?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Unfortunately, you cannot legally obtain information from the cell provider, even if it is your account, without filing a lawsuit and getting a subpoena to the cell provider or paying a local computer hacker to hack your husband's cell phone to try to determine what number or email the photograph came from. I said "try" because there is no guarantee a hacker can get the information off of the phone and even with a subpoena to the cell company they may not be able to find the source of the picture on the phone, it depends on what information is left on the phone as to where it came from.