Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I recently had an incident at my employment backing

Customer Question

I recently had an incident at my employment backing in a trailer as a truck jockey. When I was backing is the trailer slowly there was a trailer jack angled too close to the parking line of the doc and some how caught between the trailer and the loading doc plate, stopping the trailer from backing in all the way. I could see the line as I backed in and I should have cleared with in the lines but with poor lighting and its not easy to see how far the jack is away from the trailer especially in the trailer. the trailer jacks are only inches away from the between the trucks so unfortunatlly somehow the handles to the trailer jack caught to the trailer and stuck between the trailer and the dock plate. (The trailer jacks were placed on every doc with in the past 12 month before that they only had 1 or 2 on the recieving docs before that we had none), So after I got out and seen the trailer was too about 3 or 4 inches away from the dock the loader in inside the dock said there was a yellow thing stopping the trailer from backing in all the way. I assumed he meant the yellow chalks we use for braking the trailer from moving and I said I will pull out and move the trailer all this time the green light was on so I got back in the trailer to move the trailer and someone turned the red light on and I stopped and shortlley after a superviser radio'ed me to hold on then the loader inside said to go ahead and they turned on the green light again so I pulled in. Later after pulling in another truck in, The superviser called me in to write down the incident in the brake room and they reported it in. knowone was injured but I have mentioned the way in witch they run a very fast paste opperation with soo many workers should take some responability in the fast paste environment. I there something I can do to protect and myself?
Expert:  socrateaser replied 1 year ago.
Has the employer actually taken any action against you (docked your wages, suspended you, etc.)?