Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

Could I have the statute or source of law the i can refer to

Customer Question

could I have the statute or source of law the i can refer to for an issue concerning an fbi requesting me to communicate with them without a warrent
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.
Hello
This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard since the professional you requested is unavailable at this time
There is only one thing you need to refer to and that is your 5th Amendment Right under the US Constitution "...nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself..."
You are under no legal obligation to ever talk to any law enforcement about anything. Even if they get a warrant for your arrest, you do not need to participate in their questioning. You have an absolute right not to as per the following. You also have an absolute right to have an attorney present at any and all questioning. You do Not Need to participate in anything.
The 5th Amendment states
No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a grand jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the militia, when in actual service in time of war or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.
Please note that I can only provide information for what you ask. In that regard, if you have other questions or need clarification, please post them here. Otherwise, I appreciate your Positive Rating as that is how I get credit for my time and information.
Thank you