Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

My sister in law gave me permission to sign a pink slip to gain

Customer Question

Hello my sister in law gave me permission to sign a pink slip to gain possession of a truck and now after 4 years she is threating to say it was fraud since I filed for a divorce from her brother
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Your sister in law is mistaken I am afraid. If she gave you consent, even verbal consent, and she has known about this for 4 years now, the statute of limitations of 3 years from the date she knew or should have known about it has expired and it is too late for her to do anything legally about it. As long as you can show she knew about it from when you did it, she would lose any claims and she is just making idle threats.