Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

My friends house burn down the police took 60,000 dollars in

Customer Question

My friends house burn down the police took 60,000 dollars in cash out a it and they won't give it back what do I do
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with your question.
Was this your money, since you asked what you should do? How did the police get this money? Did the police institute forfeiture proceedings? Was there an arrest made?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was both mine and my mother's I took It out of bank because somebody got a hold of thE account numbers after the fire I told the police that it was in there which they took it out and I counted it on the police car they just took it and didn't give a receipt for it and because my mother was in the house and I was trying to get to her they arrested me
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.
Thanks.
I am so very sorry to hear this, because if the police didn't give you a voucher for the money -- and I have seen this too many times -- when you try to claim it, they will say "Money? What money?"
What were you arrested for?