Lucy, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer
26798026

Im years of age, I went to this salon to have my hair

Customer Question

Im 69 years of age, I went to this salon to have my hair colored sliver. i asked the lady did she do black's hair, she told me yes, and she has black client.After she dyed my hair it was a very light lavernder. I told her that wast sliver, and could she make it darker, she said yes she could. I should have left well enough alone. my hair went from the laverder to orange then brown to green by now, I' m totally freak-out, she then tell me, its the chemicals that I have on my hair now I havent had any chemical on my hair since October, i was letting it grow out. The last color I saw was a brillant brassy gold. today I dont have my gray hair, it a brownish green color, is there any thing that I can do
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm very sorry to hear that this happened.
The salon owes you a refund. You agreed to pay them to dye your hair silver, and they didn't do it. Even if you had chemicals in your hair, that's something they need to talk to about in advance and deal with�they can't just say "You must've had chemicals in your hair, so we didn't do what you paid us to do." You had an oral agreement that was breached.
That means they either need to fix the problem they caused, or they need to refund your money. Alternatively, if it is going to cost you more to have another salon dye your hair silver, you can sue for that money instead.
These claims are typically brought in Small Claims Court. You do not need a lawyer, but you will need several pictures of your hair as it looks now, to show the color.
http://www.flcourts.org/resources-and-services/family-courts/family-law-self-help-information/small-claims.stml
If you're prefer to avoid going to court, you can try sending a letter to the salon owner, explaining what happened, and offering to settle if they pay you an amount that you ask for by a deadline you set. Those letters tend to get more attention if sent via certified mail.
It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Thank you.