Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

We were defrauded by a con man who is now attempting to extort

Customer Question

We were defrauded by a con man who is now attempting to extort monies from us using criminal threats and false allegations he has filed a restraining order against us and faked proof of service we must show up in court tomorrow to defend ourselves.
How do you defend yourself against false allegations? what techniques or tips may you have?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Do you have the evidence that you were defrauded, I know he is trying to make claims, but what evidence do you have that proves he defrauded you?
Also, you can file another restraining order and have him served when he shows up in court tomorrow, just to let you know.