Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I got a court summons from a debt collector 6-30. I answered

Customer Question

I got a court summons from a debt collector 6-30. I answered all the complaints with a denial except my name and address. then I received a notice of the court for a case management conference aug 13. then a few days later I got a letter from the plaintiff titled(Wyoming rules of procedure, rule 5. it basically says there were 3 consignments from diff co. from 2011, 2008, and 2003. am I suppose to answer the plaintiffs letter with my questions. I think I have 15 days before the case management conference to send any info. do I send the reply now.? what if anything should I send 15 days before the case management conference. I need these answered today??? please please answer today!!!!!
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
The Rule 5 letter you received was part of their "mandatory disclosures" and they are telling you the evidence and claims they have in the case against you. If you have any evidence in your defense against the claims, you would reply with your own Rule 5 Disclosures.
These are disclosures you are required to make it is not anything you need to actually answer. You need to get familiar with the WY Rules of Civil Procedure if you will be representing yourself in this matter and you can find them at http://www.courts.state.wy.us/WSC/CourtRule?RuleNumber=48
So if you have any information to disclose you need to write them in the same format as the ones you received and send it to the opposing party.