Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

A lady that works in the court house told the person I went

Customer Question

A lady that works in the court house told the person I went to court against about the final decision of the judge before the papers were mailed to us. I know this because the person i went to court against told me but i have no proof of this. Is there
anything I can do about it? I don't think that is right for my personal information to be told before I am notified. This happened months ago.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Unfortunately, anything that is presented in court or the court order is a public record. So there is nothing illegal in releasing the court order or final decision before it was mailed, that decision is actually part of the public record and available to anyone at any time I am afraid.