LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  10+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
9540344

What is the statute of limitations cd tapes to your

Customer Question

what is the statute of limitations for giving cd tapes to your exspouse that he got in the divorce settlement
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.
Good afternoon. Why were these not given to him within the past year? Also, was there any time period stated in the court order about when you needed to give these to him?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello, There was three things that I was to give him I gave him two houses but he had to first get the loan and get that out of my name. which took a few months on his part. And I sign off on them the next thing was 2000.00 inwhich it took until April of this year after my taxes to give that. then the cd tapes that I just didnt give yet and when he asked I said i was giving them. Also there was no set date on when I was to give the money and the tapes. only after he got my name off the houses. then i would give them. Now he is asking for other things that was already settle in the dirvoce and isnt in agreement
Thank you for the additional information. If there was no specific time stated in the divorce decree, to turn these over, then it would need to be within a reasonable time, based upon the ability and complication and task of doing so. In a situation like this, it should not have taken a year and they should have not been withheld, simply to compel him to act on other things. Now, if he is taking you back to court, it is likely to compel you to turn these over and if you do, the issue would be moot. As far as him asking for things outside of the settlement, he would have no right or claim to them, since these were never agreed to be turned over.
I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!